Quest Therapy Tricycles (Evolved over 30 years)
- Over 8500 tricycles supplied, all hand-built in Shropshire by Quest.
- Assessments only carried out by Quest trained staff.
- Simple, traditional design but with all the support you need; from one of the UK’s leading designers of adaptive technology for children.
- Posture Management Frame Geometry - the best riding position guaranteed. No slumping or slipping!
- FREE first-anniversary trike health check and fitting check.*
- Heavier, more stable frameset with low threshold. Independent rear-drive and coaster wheels make cornering safer.
- Meaningful pedalling resistance to promote noticeable physical development.
- Symmetry control - Midline control and better alignment of legs and feet.
- Intuitive and reliable rear steer option for parents and carers.
- Pedalling and Steering opt-out for tired legs and hands.
- Fixed wheel and fixed&free option.
- SAFETY - Fully enclosed chainguard. No wheel spokes mean no finger traps!
The Colt and the Unicorn Tricycles from Quest are the next size up from a Kitten Tricycle and are suitable for children from approximately 4 to 7 years of age.
The Colt & Unicorn Tricycles provide symmetrical exercise from an early age and are ideal for pre/post-surgery development. The Colt Tricycle is available in a choice of frame colours, these are Orange, blue, red, and black. In addition to this, the Unicorn Tricycle is available in pink and purple. There are a variety of accessories available to enable the trike to be adapted to each individual child's needs.
The Colt/Unicorn Tricycle is our most popular fixed wheel trike and combines just the right mix of frame weight (for safety); positioning that promotes good posture; and gearing which delivers meaningful exercise.
The Colt/Unicorn Tricycle is suitable for children from approximately 4 to 7 years of age (ages based on clothing sizes).
The Colt/Unicorn Tricycle is a fixed drive tricycle. In simple terms, this means that as the pedals rotate, the drive wheel rotates and vice versa. This creates added momentum which assists pedalling and is beneficial to children with low muscle tone and strength; an ideal tricycle for children with Cerebral Palsy (Spastic Diplegia).
The Colt/Unicorn Tricycle has a low step through for easier access, pneumatic tyres for a more comfortable ride and spoke free wheels for easy maintenance and to avoid finger traps. It's chainguard is also fully enclosed.
All Quest tricycles feature a coaster/drive rear wheel combination to make steering and cornering more stable.
Optional accessories include hip and thoracic supports, footplate(sandals), ankle foot orthoses, chest pad, steering solutions, various handlebar styles, and head pad.
The key datum points on Quest tricycles are critical and give the rider the ability to maintain a good posture and an efficient pedalling action. Quest tricycles can be separated into 3 parts for storage and transportation.
Assessments for this product can be arranged by contacting your local Product Specialist who will be able to bring a range of tricycles along for assessment/demonstration purposes at a venue of your choice. For details of local Product Specialist please contact our Head Office on 01952 463050 or click the 'Contact for Assessment' button above.